The E-1 and E-2 visa programs are possible because of the long-standing business and investment ties between the United States and Turkey that date to the 1830s.
These initiatives are carefully designed to promote and encourage investment and trade between these two countries.
Starting with the E-1 Visas:
E-1 visas are designed for treaty traders who are citizens of a treaty country and want to conduct substantial trade, primarily with the United States and the treaty country.
The applicant must fulfill particular requirements in order to be granted an E-1 visa:.
- Be a citizen of a treaty-signing nation.
- Take part in significant trade.
- The main participants in the trade must be the United States and the treaty nation.
Although the exact definition of “substantial” trade is not given, it must be carried out frequently and on a sizable scale, the volume and value of traded goods or services, trade frequency, trade nature, nationality of trading parties, capital invested, and jobs created are just a few of the considerations the government takes into account when assessing the substantiality of trade.
Treaty investors who are citizens of a treaty country and want to expand and run a business where they have already invested or are planning to invest a sizable sum of money are eligible for E-2 visas.
Applicants must meet the following requirements in order to be granted an E-2 visa:.
- Hold nationality in a treaty country
- Invest or be in the process of investing a significant amount of capital in a U.S.-based
- The enterprise must be engaged in commercial activity
The precise amount of capital required is not specified, but it must be sufficient to support the enterprise’s commercial activity the government evaluates elements like the amount of capital invested, the likelihood that the investment will succeed, the impact on the economy, and the creation of jobs.
E-1 and E-2 Visa Benefits:
E-1 and E-2 visas offer Turkish nationals a number of benefits, including:
- Authorization to enter, stay in, and work in the US.
- The chance to bring family members to the country.
- Unhindered travel between the US and Turkey.
- The possibility of perpetual visa renewal.
Moreover, E-1 and E-2 visa holders may enjoy specific tax benefits, such as E-1 visa holders being
exempt from U.S. income tax on the first $100,000 of their trade earnings.
E-1 and E-2 Visa Application Process:
The primary application step involves filing Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker. This form must be submitted by the employer or business sponsor of the applicant. After Form I- 129 approval, the applicant can proceed to apply for an E-1 or E-2 visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate.
Typically, the following documents are required for an E-1 or E-2 visa application:
- Completed Form I-129
- Valid passport (with at least 6 months of validity beyond the intended stay)
- Recent photograph
- Medical examination report
- Proof of nationality
- Proof of trade or investment
- Proof of financial ability to support oneself and dependents
In conclusion we can refer that the E-1 and E-2 visas offer Turkish nationals a promising way to reside and work in the United States given the complexity of the application process, it is essential to work with a knowledgeable immigration lawyer to successfully complete this journey, we at Serka Law Firm with our experienced lawyers can assist and guide you in each step that you require.